25 Varieties of fruit to your health
In this article you will discover the properties and indications of 25 varieties of fruits that will help you maintain your health. If we can also find organic fruit would be best for our body because, currently, in the cultivation of fruit trees, a large amount of pesticides that are harmful to our health are used.
- Olive: rich in vitamins and fats, is very nutritious. The green olive is considered more indigestible and you have to chew it very well. The black olive, harvested at the time when the fruit is ripe, it is much more digestible. It can not be eaten raw, but is prepared as a pickle, macerated in water and salt.
- Avocado: it is said to be a fruit-vegetable, sweet flavor, but low in sugar, contains very healthy vegetable fats that help the intestinal lubrication and harmonization of the liver. It is a natural source of lecithin and it is also rich in copper (helps in the formation of red blood cells) and protein. Besides its use in cosmetics is very popular.
- Apricot: fruit native to China. Very rich in copper and cobalt, it is indicated to combat anemia. It is laxative so their consumption should be avoided in cases of diarrhea. It is not recommended if there are liver problems. It can be prepared as a jam.
- Blueberries: fruit especially recommended for the prevention of diseases in the urinary tract, especially cystitis if we are prone to suffer it we can prevent taking a daily cranberry juice.
New York Empire Apples. Photography by The Marmot. Creative Commons Licence.
- Cherry: sweet taste, you have to ensure that it is ripe because green can feel bad to our stomach. They are a well known remedy for gout and rheumatism, as they help in eliminating excess acids. Its cleansing properties are considered very powerful. For the large amount of iron that provide the body are also considered a good remedy for anemia. In case of diabetes can be consumed moderately. If we are fortunate to have a cherry tree, besides eating freshly picked fruit we can prepare an excellent jam that we can consume throughout the year.
- Plum: we can find different varieties of plum, with the purple and yellow of the most common color. Its therapeutic use is extended to treat constipation, it is recommended to eat fasting, in the morning. And it is also very good for liver ailments. It is advisable not to overdo the use of plum, because its high oxalic acid to be absorbed by our body uses calcium. The plum is a food that gives us a lot of energy and can be eaten in salads, incorporate it into a casserole, dessert or snack. In Japan the (very salty and sour taste) umeboshi plum is produced and used for digestive problems. Nor should abuse their consumption by the amount of salt it contains.
- Coco: sweet and refreshing taste, it is an important food in tropical countries. You can eat fresh sliced, grated incorporating it into other dishes and oil and grease are also used in tropical cuisine. Therapeutic properties are attributed to its high content of magnesium, especially anticancer.
- Strawberry: bittersweet. Rich in silicon and vitamin C helps to strengthen teeth and gums. It is also a good laxative because it contains minerals and because granulocytes found in your skin help produce peristalsis. For its high content of salicylic acid is taken to have a beneficial effect on the liver, gallbladder, joints and kidneys and highlights its cleansing properties in cases of gout and self-poisoning of various kinds. Its use is permitted in case of diabetes. Only consumption is advised if the fruit has been grown following organic methods. Besides fresh preparation as usual jam.
- Raspberry: bittersweet, very beneficial for the liver and kidneys, has great cleansing and blood cleansing qualities. It is also considered very beneficial to improve vision. To control excessive urination and too often. It is important to eat only fruits that have been grown organically.
- Granada: bittersweet, especially recommended to remove worms from the digestive tract, it is also useful in bladder problems, mouth ulcers. Its juice is very useful in cases of throat disorders (irritation, inflammation). You can add it in a salad which will give a sweet touch and its special texture.
- Figs: sweet taste, is one of the most alkalizing fruits. Have known laxative properties so it is useful for treating constipation especially thanks to its granules having a stimulating effect on bowel movement. Milk immature green fig is used to remove warts, applied directly to the wart twice daily. It is doubly nutritious if you take it dried.
Zingy Home-Made Lemon Curd. Photography by FrenchTart. Creative Commons Licence.
- Lemon: very sour taste is astringent and has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C. Very useful for colds and flu, also if there are intestinal parasites and purify the body of bacteria. It also stimulates bile production, improving mineral absorption, helps with weight loss, cleanses the blood. Lemon contains various acids, especially notable are the escorbic acid antidote to scurvy, and citric acid, uric acid antidote. Externally, the lemon is used as an antiseptic for insect bites and poultices. There are misguided theories suggesting that lemon is descaling, which is not possible because the fruit acids (citric, malic and tartaric, are always accompanied by a base, not like synthetic acids, so that the acid of the lemon and other acidic fruits destroy the impure leaving alkalin carbonates to resorbe moods and soothe inflammation of mucous membranes.
- Apple: There are many varieties of apple, some have a sweeter taste, others more acid. It is a particularly medicinal fruit. Stimulates appetite and relieves indigestion, can be consumed when the body does not accept other foods. It is very cleansing and helps remove cholesterol and remove toxic and radioactive metals. Containing malic acid makes it especially suitable for the treatment of liver and gallbladder, helping to soften gallstones. It can be eaten raw with skin, at night, is a great help in case of constipation. Grated is well digested even in cases of stomach ulcer. Its use is also permitted in diabetes cases.
- Peach: bittersweet. It is one of the best fruits borne by the stomach. Help in the reconstruction of body fluids, for example when there is a dry cough, or in the case of liver and bile ducts, help drainage. Relieves high blood pressure. It is diuretic and laxative. It is also used in cosmetics. It can be kept in preparing a sugar jam.
- Melon: very refreshing, sweet and laxative. Must be chewed very well to avoid indigestion. No suitable to diabetes or in cases of enteritis.
Salade de Maxime. Photography by minijoan. Creative Commons Licence.
- Quince: very sour taste, is a fruit that can not be eaten raw, it is prepared boiled and with it marmalades, jams and pudding are made. Rich in vitamins and tannin is astringent and helps in cases of diarrhea.
- Mora: forest fruit very sweet flavor, is rich in vitamin C, sugar, citric acid and malic acid. It also given disinfectant properties because of its essential oils and microbicides. If you eat fasting is laxative.
- Orange: bittersweet, is refreshing and helps in the recovery of body fluids. To counteract the excess acidity is advisable to eat with inner white membrane (mesocarp) instead of taking in juices as consumed in many cases. To treat heartburn and inflammation (arthritis) and to make specific cleansing cures. Containing malic acid, citric acid and tartaric acid. It is a very rich source of vitamin C, which makes it particularly suitable to prevent microbial infections. It also promotes digestion by facilitating the secretion of gastric juices. Permitted to diabetics. This fruit can also be canning as a jam.
- Medlar: very sweet, besides being rich in vitamins and minerals, highlights its sugar content, tannin, cellulose and citric acid. Helps in cases of diarrhea. It is important to eat it ripe.
- Papaya: sweet taste, is invigorating the stomach and aid digestion, contains the digestive enzyme called papain, which aids in the digestion of proteins and it is eaten as a dessert it is especially interesting for people with digestion problems. Also notable for their worming properties.
- Pera: with a slightly sour taste is very refreshing, nutritious, laxative and diuretic. It also contains tannin and potash salts that helps to dissolve uric acid so it is recommended in cases of arthritis, rheumatism and gout. It is a permissible fruit for diabetes.
- Pineapple: bittersweet. It is a very refreshing tropical fruit in summer. It contains the enzyme bromelain, especially in the heart of the fruit, so if we want to maximize its properties we can not neglect this part and if it seems hard it can be consumed preparing a shake or a smoothie. Has significant diuretic and anti-edema. It is very good to improve digestion and as a vermifuge. Avoid taking the fruit when it is green, especially in the case of pineapple.
- Banana: sweet taste, when bananas are not fully mature has astringent properties, are good for diarrheal states. Popularly known to be rich in potassium, help reduce blood pressure. Also for its high sugar content, when they are very ripe, help in cases of alcoholism. You should chewed carrefully to prevent that intestinal fermentation occurs. If we shake along with a milk that intake calcium can be considered a complete food. Being poor in cellulose consumption is not recommended if you suffer from constipation.
Plátanos y Fresas. Photography by ralphandjenny. Creative Commons Licence.
- Watermelon: sweet taste, is very refreshing and especially diuretic. Indicated in cases of edema, difficult urination and kidney and urinary tract ailments.
- Grape: bittersweet. Invigorates the blood, improves the function of the glands purifying, beneficial to kidneys and liver. It is recommended to treat rheumatism and arthritis. It was also given diuretic properties. The red grapes helps to rebuild blood for their higher iron content than the white grape, so it is good to consume in cases of anemia. The black grape also has antioxidant qualities. The dried grapes are a very nutritious food and also discuss in section Nuts of Natural World.
Article written by Shauri.