In this section try to give a brief overview of the various Reiki systems that exist today. Today, there have been many systems of Reiki and should have some clear ideas. First, we must have clear concepts of the history of Reiki. Reiki comes from the hands of a man called Mikao Usui, hence the term Reiki Usui. Since the birth of Usui Reiki is not possible that a system other than Usui Reiki. So much to say: "I do Reiki Usui", is to give inaccurate information.
I divide the evolution of Reiki into two main sections. Traditional Western Reiki and Japanese Reiki. The Western Reiki is the Japanese who came through Hawayo Mrs. Takata, who landed in Hawaii and from there spread to California and then to the Western world. Section History of Reiki can find more information about this. Reiki to Mrs. Takata brought us appeared several systems:
- Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho: This system, although it has a Japanese name, is from the western line. Means "Usui System of natural healing." Reiki is a system that has tried to remain true to the teachings of Hawayo Takata. This is the system that continues to spread and disseminate the Reiki Alliance. Association captained by Phyllis Lei Furumoto Takata niece. This education system is divided into three levels: first, second and expertise. Just use the 4 original symbols of Reiki, Takata Version: Cho Ku Rei, Sei-He-Ki, Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen and Dai-Koo-Myo Usui.
There have been small independent teachers or teachers' associations have been passed on the Reiki as felt, and following the line of Takata's teachings. These teachers have remained free from the constraints that dictate the major associations of Reiki. Thanks are also broadcast their work.
- Usui Tibetan Reiki: This system was developed by the American master William L. Rand. They are basically Takata's teachings with some more added. Rand included a technique of healing as psychic surgery and the tuning of healing. Is a more open-minded than the last. Should the Tibetan name to include two symbols of Tibetan origin and some Buddhist teachings. This system is taught in a total of 4 levels: first, second, third and expertise. In total the system consists of 7 symbols, in some variants have until 9. Otherwise it is a purely Western Reiki. In addition to 4 Takata Reiki symbols, this system adds the following symbols: Dai-Ko-Myo Tibetan, Raku, Fire Serpent, Dragon Fire and Tummo.
For some years there was a sort of power struggle, as some schools they have the exclusive of Reiki. Claiming that his lineage was pure, his teachings had not been manipulated, etc. You can not pretend to have the exclusivity of a universal thing. I can me made me a teacher who had the worst possible lineages. But if that teacher has practiced every day and leads a life focused on love, energy transmission will be magical and wonderful.
In the following diagram we can see the different lineages that have been derived from Western Reiki line:
The next major block is the block of Traditional Japanese Reiki. Call by this name only Reiki styles that derived from the teachings of Usui and who did not leave Japan. By the 90's, some Western teachers went to Japan and found the Reiki anywhere. Began to establish schools of Reiki and teach Reiki to the Japanese. Following STO japonesesque practiced Reiki itself, but had remained hidden until now, came forward and began to spread their knowledge. From this were born several Traditional Japanese Reiki systems.
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai: This is the name of a company of teachers who founded the Usui itself and has survived to this day. Ushida Gazburo who was replaced as president of the association Usui, when he died. This company remained hidden for many years and now the master Masaki Kondoh is president of the Gakkai. Many of his teachings still remain hidden but, little by little, this association has been sharing with the rest of the world their skills and knowledge.
- Laughed Gakkai Reiki: This system derives from the teachings of the Gakkai and captain of the Japanese master Fuminori Aoki. It has some additions to the teachings of the Gakkai, but basically the differences are minimal. This system was born the familiar symbol of Koriki which was inspired Fuminori Aoki.
- Gakkai Gendai Reiki: This is another system derived from the teachings of the Gakkai and chairs the Master Hiroshi Doi. This system has some variants over others, and includes some more technical, but the differences between other systems of Reiki Traditional Japanese are slim.
- Komyo Kai Reiki: This system is named after a school of Traditional Japanese Reiki master who created the Hyakuten Inamoto. It differs from other systems do not come from the Gakkai. This system comes from the line of Hayashi teacher who remained in Japan and was also hidden for years. Includes some lessons and techniques, as well as original Usui symbols transmitted Hayashi, namely: Zui-A, Fukuyu, Honjo-Ze-Shon and Dai-Koo-Myo (Japanese version). At present, the teacher Hyakuten Inamoto is considered the successor Mikao Usui for their high level of evolution.
In the following diagram we see the evolution of the lineage in Traditional Japanese Reiki:
- Jinkinden Reiki: Other Traditional Japanese Reiki system like Reiki Kai Komyo and also derived from the teachings of Hayashi.
At present, some Western Reiki teachers have developed their own systems from channeled information and symbols. Many of these systems have included the word Reiki in her name, have used hand positions in Reiki are taught or how to work with symbols. Although they are similar to Reiki, Reiki really can only call that which comes from Usui. Ie Reiki systems derived from the teachings of Takata, Usui Tibetan Reiki, Shiki Ryoho, etc. or derived from Traditional Japanese Reiki, Gendai Reiki, Reiki Kai Komyo, etc. These are some of the systems that have appeared in recent years in the West and not from the line of teachings of Mikao Usui:
Karuna Reiki Prakriti, SKM or Seichim, Satori Reiki, Rainbow Reiki, Kundalini Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki Ki ninth, BioReiki, Shambala Reiki, Tera Mai Reiki, Tibetan Reiki, Tantric, Violet Flame Reiki, Angelic Reiki, etc.
As you can see many new systems have appeared. Interestingly, all these systems claim to work with energies much higher than those of Usui Reiki, with powerful symbols and of course much more expensive courses. In any case, these systems can contain any teaching or symbol that works well and you feel attuned. My intention here is not to belittle any system, but rather to point out some things. One never knows where to find your triggers, but many of these systems have grown out of a clear economic ambition. Keep in mind that among all the teachers who have developed a system of Reiki, Mikao Usui Master is the only one who reached the state of Satori. This means it is the only teacher, as far as I know, that created an ego-free system, designed for spiritual growth and healing. A simple system with a series of useful tools and a philosophy based on love and respect.