Many patients receive their first Reiki session after experiencing some changes in your body which can be annoying. This also happens in Reiki students after receiving an initiation, for people who change their diet or fast or in cases of emotional breakouts. It is unusual for a person who does not know the world of Reiki, one day decide to have a meeting to try, and that in the days of the session may have a feeling of nausea, including vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, or simply pass a angry weeks. So this person thinks that Reiki has gone wrong and that not only has been beneficial, but it also has caused a setback in his person. Then try to explain why these symptoms occur and for what purpose.
What is a Healing Crisis?
A healing crisis is a process that is activated in our being, by which our physical body releases toxins accumulated in our bodies and our mental-emotional body releases shows emotions or thought patterns that are harmful to us.
Physical symptoms we experience during a Healing Crisis:
- Increased sweating. One way for our body to expel toxins through sweat is. During this process we may experience increased sweating, and its odor. If we are in this case does not use a deodorant or nothing to prevent the sweat out naturally.
- Increased urination. Another way out of toxins is through the urine. Our kidneys regulate the amount of certain elements in blood. Leftovers expel them through the urine. Similarly, in a Healing Crisis expel toxins through the urine. This can notice a change in it, noting: the color, smell, size and opacity of urine. If we are in this case we will let the process run its course.
- Increased bowel movements. Through our body faeces also gets rid of toxins. During this process we will undergo a slight increase in the number of bowel movements. And a change in appearance, color, smell and consistency of stools.
- Rashes. It can also be the case that we appear on the skin rashes, mouth sores and pimples similar to acne. This is another means of escape. If we are in this case, unless it is very necessary, better to not use any chemicals and let nature take its course.
- Vomiting. These are less common but can occur. Is a more aggressive form of eliminating the toxins, I suppose that the body uses this route when he is heavily congested. In that case, do not worry and let it run its course.
- Cold or flu symptoms. For the removal of toxins from the respiratory system can suffer symptoms similar to a cold or flu. This represents an increase of mucus, sore throat, etc.. In this case the medication for a cold or flu will not serve us. These symptoms stop when the body has completed the process.
- Headaches. The elimination of toxins from the body can produce a headache. We can relieve the symptoms with paracetamol or with Reiki, but the pain does not disappear entirely until the process is completed.
- Fever. The body uses fever to burn toxins. This process takes a few days and should not stop unless the fever is very high.
- Pains of the past. It may be that after receiving a treatment or a Reiki initiation wake us some pain from the past that we believed had been healed. That's because they were not fully healed in the past and come back now because they see an opportunity to be healed permanently.
Mental-emotional symptoms that we experience during a Healing Crisis:
- Anger. Anger builds up in the liver. If we have accumulated a lot of anger that we have not expressed correctly can be revealed to us after receiving Reiki. If we are in this case try to channel that anger into something positive or just punching a bag in any case never download your anger against another person that has nothing to do with it.
- Sadness. The sadness accumulates in the lungs. If we have accumulated a lot of sadness might be sad, we spend a few days. During these days we can use to find out where the sadness comes out and understand that these emotions is part of the healing process.
- Fear. Fear accumulates in the kidneys. If you have suffered so much fear in the past and we still have fears accumulated in our kidneys is possible that after receiving Reiki it occurs. It is also quite possible that the same Life send us a situation where we will be confronted with some fear. Courage! it's time to get rid of that fear! When you do you will realize that it was easier than you think and that really had nothing to fear.
- Hate. Hatred builds up in the heart. It may be that during the days of the Healing Crisis we express hatred toward other people or situations. Would be appropriate to find out where that hatred comes. We can remember when we suffered a lack of respect or affection by people close to us, or if we have hurt in some way, etc. It is a good time to settle conflict situations that we have with our loved relatives.
- Anxiety. The concern or anxiety accumulates in the stomach. During the day throughout the healing process can manifest some of these emotions accumulated in the stomach. Try to find out where we are and if we used something. Worrying is deal before time, living in the here and now helps us not allow ourselves to be dominated by our worries and anxieties.
How worse is that I'm assuming that I'm healing?
In a process of holistic healing as Reiki, is the healing of body, mind and spirit, it is necessary to clean both physical and mental-emotional. To achieve this there is no way that the elimination of what we have accumulated in our being, whether toxins or repressed emotions, etc.. This removal process may have some symptoms that are not nothing nice, but once the process we feel much better, lighter and understand that going through all this has been worthwhile.
Not everyone will have to present these same symptoms. Moreover, these may present a greater or lesser extent. Sometimes they can be so subtle that if we are not careful we do not realize. Symptoms Healing Crisis need not occur immediately after receiving a treatment or a Reiki initiation, it might manifest in a few days. And as for the duration of symptoms can vary from a few days to several weeks or months, depend on the person and circumstances. If we receive a Reiki treatment, it is important not to leave because of these symptoms, as we will be deprived of getting a thorough cleaning and durable.
In short, if we are in the midst of a healing process and we are having these symptoms, we understand that for our good, we will accept them and follow their course. Let us not obfuscate and make the process and free us from everything that no longer serves us. All these symptoms indicate to us that we curándonos and going to health, both physically and mentally and emotionally. If you need words of support or advice can speak to your teacher or Reiki therapist.